The municipal elections have concluded, and one election will go to a runoff.
The results were taken from the Georgia Secretary of State’s website. These results are not yet certified.
- G. DAY, JR. 42.06% Votes 2,075
- J. L. HAM, JR. 10.42% Votes 514
- J. MCCLAIN 22.82% Votes 1,126
- K. E. SMITH, SR (I) 24.71% Votes 1,219
- TOTAL 4,934
The mayor’s race will go to a runoff between Grayson Day and Kenneth Smith. The runoff election is December 4th.
KINGSLAND POST 3
Lamar Stokes was unopposed and won the seat.
KINGSLAND POST 4
- Alex Blount 76.28 % Votes 3,361
- Gary Faraon 23.72% Votes 1,045
- Total 4,406
ST. MARYS POST 1
- Artie Jones Jr. 76.92% Votes 3,482
- W. B. KING 23.08% Votes 1,045
- Total 4,527
ST MARYS POST 2
- Jim Goodman 59.39 % Votes 3,128
- Elaine Poweriski 40.61 % Votes 2,139
- Total 5,267
ST MARYS POST 3
- Jim Gant – 70.82% Votes 3,157
- Jay Moreno – 29.18% Votes 1,301
- Total 4,458
CAMDEN COUNTY COMMISSION POST 2
- Chuck Clark 900 votes
- C. Ben Goff 40 votes
Those who were elected will take office in January 2019.
State House 180 – Steven Saniz (R) wins, was unopposed in general election.
State Senate District 3 – (District-wide result)
- William Ligon (R) 68.58%
- Jerrold Dagen (D) 31.42 %
First Congressional District
- Buddy Carter (R) 58.62 %
- Lisa Ring (D) 41.38 %
|choice name||party name||total votes||percent of votes|
|BRIAN KEMP (REP)||1922536||51.07 %|
|STACEY ABRAMS (DEM)||1806417||47.99 %|
|TED METZ (LIB)||35579||0.95 %|
|GEOFF DUNCAN (REP)||1894653||52.5 %|
|SARAH RIGGS AMICO (DEM)||1714543||47.5 %|
SECRETARY OF STATE
|BRAD RAFFENSPERGER (REP)||1852098||49.9 %|
|JOHN BARROW (DEM)||1777200||47.88 %|
|SMYTHE DUVAL (LIB)||82276||2.22 %|
(Race likely to go to a runoff – Dec 4)
To view the rest of the statewide results, click on the link HERE to the Secretary of State’s website.